Sunday, February 27, 2011

Interview With Empress Cixi

  Empress Cixi how do you feel about how society is doing now that you have stopped trade of Opium with the British? " Personally I feel very happy. Society is finally getting back on it's feet after the debacle of Opium. I thought it would take us much longer to rebound from it. Unfortunately though there are some people that are still addicted to Opium. We have put them into a rehabilitation group to try to get over there addiction. I would predict by the end of this year everyone will forget this incident ever happened."

  Will the Chinese ever trade with the British again? " For now, No. We are in a position over here that we have just lost a war along with 18,000 men. Our society is just getting back to normal and I would not want to go through the silly charade a second time. When the British come to me with a trade worthy of the tea we trade out I might consider trading with them. That has not happened yet so, we are waiting patiently for everything to come into place so we can be the glorious Empire that we want to be."

  Is another War in the future between the Chinese and the British possible? " I don't believe that we would lead ourselves into another War we can't win. You are not saying that you wouldn't go into war? When push comes to shove perhaps we would, but, in the time being I am done sending my troops into war. Besides we have everything we need here in China we don't need to trade with the people of Britain. They have there Trinkets and toys while we have our Tea."

What type of item are you looking for in a trade? "I am interested in the technology that western civilizations are discovering. It would be intriguing to see what type of technology we could receive from trading our tea. I heard that there was a machine that tells the time by two handles. We would not have to use the sun anymore. That would be the ideal trade that would benefit China."

  What do the people of China hope to see from you in the Future? " I hope to establish trade again with countries that have things that we are interested in. My board hopes to financially help out the widowed wives of the men that died in the war over Opium. Most women cannot run farms by themselves so We will give them funds to hire people to help them work. That way the economy will get back to it's original self. Lastly to stop the trade of Opium to any place so that Nobody will have to go through what china had to go through."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment